VP Sales & Business Development
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing renewable energy company in a brand-new position. Our product portfolio consists of highly efficient photovoltaic cells that offer unique value and differentiation to our customers. You will be responsible for setting up and driving a team that develops strategic partnerships, and transforms such partnerships into long-term revenue generation for us. The role can be based in the UK (Oxfordshire) or Germany (Brandenburg).
- Developing and implementing a sales & marketing plan for deploying Oxford PV’s unique technology to the most relevant segments internationally
- Building and leading a lean and effective sales and business development team with a strong focus on key accounts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key individuals in target accounts
- Actively prospecting and managing new business opportunities
- Ensuring customer commercial and technical requirements are met in timely manner
- Leading and closing successful sales negotiations
- Maintaining a focused industry and marketplace knowledge, keeping abreast of strategic developments
- Working closely and collaboratively with internal resources to ensure the organization understands and anticipates market and customer requirements
- Taking responsibility for our business development and revenue targets
- Significant sales and business development experience in solar energy or material technology
- Deep understanding of photovoltaic technology
- Demonstrable experience in building and managing revenue-generating client relationships, on an international basis, within Tier-1 brands
- Proven track record of creating revenue from high-tech products with tier-1 customers
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with the ability to influence across all organizational levels
- Extensive experience working in start-up/hypergrowth teams, especially in the phase transforming from R&D into commercialization
- Self-motivated and results driven with a flexible, solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, positive and flexible attitude
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Fluency in German is desirable.
This role would suit someone with senior international sales and business development experience from the solar energy and/or semiconductor industries, who thrives working in a start-up environment, at a company transitioning from research and development into commercialization and growth.
Salary commensurate with experience
Regular international travel would be required
If this sounds like a role that you’d relish and thrive in, then we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send your CV with a cover letter to us as soon as possible to: email@example.com