I have always been excited about the promise that renewable energy shows and my job at Oxford PV lets me work at the cutting edge of solar power development. I have learnt so much in the time that I have worked here from the wide array of backgrounds that my colleagues have; everyone is happy to share their expertise. The pace of life here is fast and constantly changing but the company is very supportive in making my work fit in with the needs of my family.
Thin Film Development Engineer
Oxford PV is looking for an experienced thin film development engineer to join our technical team to develop and advance our solar devices. The role would ideally suit a practically minded individual who has experience developing automated deposition toolsets ideally for a production environment, with a strong engineering or scientific background.
- Develop thin film coatings for active layers within an opto-electronic device
- Provide hands-on tool maintenance/fault finding to ensure smooth operation of equipment
- Select and evaluate suitable materials and deposition techniques
- Enhance processes to expand their processing windows, increase machine uptime and improve yields
- Relate the effect of hardware and process changes to device performance
- Identify root causes of defects
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritized and executed according to agreed timelines
- Comply with quality standards including record keeping and health and safety
- Support the work activities of other team members and contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings
- Degree qualified in an engineering or related scientific discipline, ideally to MA or PhD level
- Experience of developing thin-film coatings for active layers within an opto-electronic device
- Experience of running and/or troubleshooting automated toolsets ideally in a production or R&D environment
- Comfortable taking ownership of hardware modifications to improve device yields and improve tool uptimes
- Proficient using SPC tools and utilizing advanced manufacturing methodologies to monitor equipment performance
- Be familiar with DOE to find optimal process settings
- Good communication, presentation, and written skills
- Good analytical & diagnostic skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to apply relevant design and engineering principles
- Proactive team player, with a flair for structured problem solving
Standard company hours are 08:30-17.00 Monday to Friday.
Salary commensurate with experience.