Test and Measurement Engineer
We have a vacancy for a talented, self-motivated PV characterisation specialist to begin work with us in all aspects of test, measurement and characterisation. This role would ideally suit someone with PV test and measurement and thin film characterisation experience together with a strong track record of delivery.
- Developing new measurement techniques with other engineering staff, all the way from initial idea to routine use.
- Designing and fabricating test fixtures and electronics, liaising with third party contractors where necessary. Maintenance of in-house written test software and recipes.
- Responsible for maintenance and continuous improvement of device testing and other measurement and characterisation systems for hybrid silicon-perovskite tandem photovoltaic devices, including maintaining equipment calibration.
- Undertaking experimental work aimed at understanding the interactions between measurement techniques and material behaviour.
- Acting as a mentor to less experienced members of staff.
- Advanced degree qualified, preferably PhD qualified.
- Detailed knowledge of optoelectronic testing methods, preferably gained within a photovoltaics setting, ideally including perovskite devices.
- Experience of hardware design and fabrication. Familiarity with computer programming/software development.
- Experience of thin film characterisation techniques, particularly ellipsometry.
- Experience of planning and running experimental work including the associated data analysis.
- Experience of working with teams located in different countries an advantage.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefit package according to location
- A fast-paced work environment in a growing international company
- A chance to make a difference by joining our employee committees built around our values.
- The opportunity to experience and support many parts of the business.