Test and Failure Analysis Engineer
Oxford PV is looking for a talented and motivated engineer to support our solar cell development activities and drive up the performance of our perovskite based photovoltaic device technology.
- Responsibility for maintenance and continuous improvement of device testing and reliability systems for hybrid silicon-perovskite tandem photovoltaic devices
- Analysis of failed devices and materials, including development of new techniques as required. Classification of observed defects
- Undertaking experimental work aimed at understanding of device metastability, improving device stability and understanding the role of defects
- Design and fabrication of test fixturing and electronics, liaising with third party contractors where necessary. Maintenance of in-house written test software and recipes
- Liaise with staff in our pilot production facility in Germany on test and failure analysis matters
- Advanced degree qualified, preferably PhD qualified
- Detailed knowledge of optoelectronic test and reliability stressing, preferably gained within a photovoltaics setting, ideally with perovskite devices
- Experience in semiconductor device failure analysis techniques, both destructive and non-destructive, including SEM, EL, and optical microscopy
- Experience of planning and running experimental work including the associated data analysis
- Experience of hardware design and fabrication. Familiarity with computer programming/software development
- Experience of working with teams located in different countries an advantage
Standard company hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Oxford PV is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Applications should be sent as soon as possible to: email@example.com