I work in the laboratory where there are always exciting projects. As a mother of two, I have been able to write my bachelor thesis alongside my work, this is because of the flexible working hours that has meant I can easily balance my work and home life.
Technician (six month fixed term contract)
Oxford PV is looking to appoint a laboratory technician to perform routine device fabrication processes to support our development efforts. This will initially be for a period of six months but has the potential to be a longer-term contract.
- Carrying out various device fabrication steps including:
- Operation of deposition equipment such as spin-coaters, thermal evaporators and sputter coaters
- Optoelectronic testing of finished devices
- Preparation of device substrates including cleaning, laser marking, and cleaving of glass and semiconductor substrate
- Safe use of a wide range of chemicals including solvents; use of pipettes, fume hoods and ovens
- Routine stock checking and re-ordering of chemicals, materials, substrates and consumables
- Various housekeeping duties in support of the laboratory manager, including handling the laboratories’ various waste streams
- Experience of operating relevant fabrication processes in a fast-paced development laboratory environment
- An ability to cope well with changing priorities
- Experience of having worked within a health and safety system including experience of risk assessment and CoSHH
- Excellent observational and record keeping skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to effectively work with a wide range of people, including other technicians, engineers and management
Standard company hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Salary commensurate with experience.