I work in the laboratory where there are always exciting projects. As a mother of two, I have been able to write my bachelor thesis alongside my work, this is because of the flexible working hours that has meant I can easily balance my work and home life.
Technician (nine month fixed term contract)
Oxford PV is looking to appoint a laboratory technician initially on a 9 month fixed term contract basis to perform routine device fabrication processes to support the development effort.
- Carrying out various device fabrication steps including:
- Operation of deposition equipment such as spin-coaters, thermal evaporators and sputter coaters
- Optoelectronic testing of finished devices
- Preparation of device substrates including cleaning, laser marking, and cleaving of glass and semiconductor substrate
- Safe use of a wide range of chemicals including solvents; use of pipettes, fume hoods and ovens
- Routine stock checking and re-ordering of chemicals, materials, substrates and consumables
- Various housekeeping duties in support of the laboratory manager, including handling the laboratories’ various waste streams
- Experience of operating relevant fabrication processes in a fast-paced development laboratory environment
- An ability to cope well with changing priorities
- Experience of having worked within a health and safety system including experience of risk assessment and CoSHH
- Excellent observational and record keeping skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to effectively work with a wide range of people, including other technicians, engineers and management
- Previous supervisory experience would be an advantage.
Standard company hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Oxford PV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.