Oxford PV is seeking to appoint a Laboratory Technician on a 6-month fixed-term contract basis to perform routine device fabrication processes to support our development effort
This role has the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out various device fabrication steps including:
- Operation of deposition equipment such as spin-coaters, thermal evaporators and sputter coaters.
- Optoelectronic testing of finished devices.
- Preparation of device substrates including cleaning, laser marking, and cleaving of glass and semiconductor substrates.
- Safe use of a wide range of chemicals including solvents; use of pipettes, fume hoods and ovens.
- Routine stock checking and re-ordering of chemicals, materials, substrates and consumables.
- Various housekeeping duties in support of the laboratory manager, including handling the laboratories’ various waste streams.
The role would be ideally suited to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience of operating relevant fabrication processes in a fast-paced development laboratory environment.
- An ability to cope well with changing priorities.
- Experience of having worked within a health and safety system including experience of risk assessment and CoSHH.
- Excellent observational and record keeping skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- An ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, including other Technicians, Engineers, and management.
- Previous supervisory experience would be an advantage.
Standard working hours are Monday to Friday, 08.30 to 17.00 (with a one-hour unpaid lunchbreak), however some flexibility outside of these hours is highly desirable, as you may be requested to start earlier or stay later than standard hours on occasion. In these instances, reasonable notice will be given and the standard working week will not exceed 37.5 hours.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Oxford PV is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.