I have always been excited about the promise that renewable energy shows and my job at Oxford PV lets me work at the cutting edge of solar power development. I have learnt so much in the time that I have worked here from the wide array of backgrounds that my colleagues have; everyone is happy to share their expertise. The pace of life here is fast and constantly changing but the company is very supportive in making my work fit in with the needs of my family.
Oxford PV is looking for a talented and motivated engineer to support our module development activities and drive the reliability of our perovskite based photovoltaic technology. The role would ideally suit someone who is able to identify and implement routes to deliver reliable solar cell modules and be untroubled when tasked with duties outside of their comfort zone.
- Development and fabrication of solar cell modules
- Reliability testing of PV modules
- Technology transfer from R&D to pilot line module production
- Establishing and leading external collaborations in module fabrication and testing
- Identify specific issues associated with PV modules and drive appropriate solutions
- Knowledge or experience of IEC61215 and module standards
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritised and executed according to agreed timelines
- Comply with quality standards including record keeping and health and safety
- Support the work activities of other team members and contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings
- Suited to someone with a proven track record in the fabrication, reliability testing and understanding of photovoltaic modules, particularly commercial modules
- Advanced degree in Physics, Materials Science or a related discipline
- Understanding of solar cell devices
- Industrial experience of solar cell module fabrication and module reliability testing
- An ability to identify reliability issues associated with PV modules and to find solutions
- Experience in transferring technology from lab to fab
- Good communication, presentation and written skills
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills
- Project management skills, including managing external collaborations
- Ability to apply relevant design and engineering principles
- Proactive team player, with a flair for structured problem solving
Standard company hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Regular travel within Europe will be required.
The role will initially be based at our UK site, but applicants should be willing to relocate to our German site if necessary.