Oxford PV is excited to be creating a new Purchasing function in Oxford, therefore it is crucial that applicants have experience of setting up and rolling out efficient systems and processes. The Purchaser will be responsible for will be responsible for the procurement function within the company.
This Purchaser/Operational Buyer role will be responsible for the day to day purchasing and logistics for our site in Oxford, this will include:
- Managing all relevant purchasing activities within the ERP system:
- Order placing; relevant supplier and material data control; implementing negotiation results
- Following the supply process (order-2-supply); incoming goods transaction, tracking outstanding deliveries
- Managing and control of logistical parameters; stock-level control; reordering process etc.
- Partial quality aspects (Claim-management; etc.)
- Working closely with all departments across the company to meet their purchasing needs, including project managers and departmental managers
- Sourcing in collaboration with the various departments in our UK Company and the Buyer at our site in Germany. Working on cost reduction possibilities
- Optimal stock control and management
- Ensuring the company remains compliant with all customs and duties requirements
Other aspects of the role will include:
- Operational purchasing of restricted materials for the Group
- Monitoring of relevant markets and performing analysis once necessary. This includes RfQ’s, due diligence checks, TCO comparisons and basic negotiations
- Providing support for international supplier management
- Analysing data and providing reports to demonstrate savings improvements and the benefit of changes
- Minimum of 2 years of operational purchasing experience
- University Degree, CIPS qualification or qualified by experience
- Good knowledge of a manufacturing-based ERP system
- Understanding of third-party logistics
- Proactive, self-motivated and results driven, whilst able to work well as part of a wider team
- Trustworthy and confidential, ability to use appropriate discretion when working with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Must be self organised and have an analytical, structured approach to their work
- This person will be the first point of contact for suppliers so excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are required
- Equally, it is important to have the ability to build relationships with key internal contacts
- Ability to complete tasks against tight deadlines and experience of project management
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full Time 37.5 hours- Monday to Friday 08:30-17:00.
This role will be based at our UK site in Yarnton.
We are ideally looking for a start date as soon as possible.
- Competitive salary
- Private health and wellbeing scheme available from the first day you join us
- Company pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme, dependant on performance
- Employee Assistance Programme – to support you at your moments of need
- Life assurance scheme 4 x base salary – to offer you peace of mind
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Professional memberships and training opportunities
- A chance to make a difference by joining our employee committees built around our values
- Social events
- Cycle to work scheme - to help you go green and get fit as you travel to work
- Free onsite parking
- A fast-paced work environment in a growing international company
- The opportunity to experience and support many parts of the business
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
As an equal opportunities employer, we are open to making reasonable adjustments to the process where needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this further.
If this sounds like a role that you’d relish and thrive in, then we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your CV with a cover letter to us as soon as possible to: email@example.com