I have always been excited about the promise that renewable energy shows and my job at Oxford PV lets me work at the cutting edge of solar power development. I have learnt so much in the time that I have worked here from the wide array of backgrounds that my colleagues have; everyone is happy to share their expertise. The pace of life here is fast and constantly changing but the company is very supportive in making my work fit in with the needs of my family.
An exciting opportunity to join a progressive company based in Oxford has arisen. In this brand new role, you will be responsible for setting up the supply chain management systems, defining company-wide processes, and establishing and developing supplier relationships. This role would suit someone with international experience working with multiple sites, in a research and development or technology company.
- Develop effective purchasing strategies; this role will be commercially focused looking to improve efficiencies across the Company whilst managing costs
- Develop, manage and optimise the purchasing supply chain within the company. This includes identifying, managing, and mitigating supply chain risks
- Identify new suppliers where required, supplier due diligence checks, agreeing commercial terms and building business relationships to benefit both parties
- Manage contract negotiations, demonstrating extensive skills in this area, with special attention to confidentiality
- Manage and consolidate the activities within the procurement function
- Work closely with all departments across the company to meet their purchasing needs, including project managers and departmental managers to ensure budgetary control and cost reduction
- Develop a close working relationship with colleagues in Oxford PV’s German subsidiary, create a bridge between the Oxford R&D site and the German production site. This will also include providing them with support in busy periods
- Optimal stock control and management
- Analyse data and provide reports to demonstrate savings improvements and benefits of changes
- Ensure the company remains compliant with all customs and duties requirements
- Establish a positive procurement attitude within the Company
- Significant purchasing experience gained in a R&D or technology company
- Experience of managing import and export processes and familiarity with Customs regulations would be desirable
- A strong understanding and demonstrable experience of purchasing chemicals and hazardous materials
- University Degree or a relevant CIPS qualification
- Good knowledge of a manufacturing-based ERP system
- Project management and the ability to complete tasks against tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Understanding of third-party logistics
- German language skills would be desirable, but not essential
Oxford PV is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Standard company hours are 08:30 -17:00, Monday - Friday (flexibility on these hours is available). Please note that flexibility may be required on occasion in order to meet deadlines
Salary commensurate with experience
Applications should be sent as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter/email along with a current CV.
No agencies please.
Oxford PV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.