Product Development Engineer
Oxford PV is looking for a talented and motivated engineer to support our solar cell and module product development activities and drive up the performance of our perovskite based photovoltaic device technology. The role would ideally suit someone who is able to identify and implement routes to develop efficient and reliable devices and be untroubled when tasked with duties outside of their comfort zone.
- This position is suited to someone who has a proven track record in the development and commercialisation of photovoltaic devices, particularly full size PV modules.
- Fabrication and characterisation of high efficiency, highly reliable solar cells and modules.
- Technology transfer from pilot line solar cell production to module partners.
- Advancing the efficiency and reliability of PV modules in a short timeframe.
- Identify specific issues associated with solar cells and modules and drive appropriate solutions. Establishing and leading external collaboration.
- Willingness to travel and to undertake short secondments to our German site or contracted partner sites.
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritised, documented and executed according to agreed timelines.
- Comply with quality standards including record keeping and health and safety.
- Proactive team player who supports the work activities of other team members and contributes to multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Doctorate degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Engineering or related discipline is preferred
- Industrial experience of commercial solar cell and PV module product development
- Experience in transferring technology from lab to fab and fab to customer
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices, including silicon based solar cells
- Knowledge of solar cell and module operation and characterisation
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Project management skills, including managing external collaborations
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full Time 37.5 hours- Monday to Friday 08:30-17:00.
Travel to our Germany facility or contracted partner sites may be required.
- Competitive salary
- Private health and wellbeing scheme available from the first day you join us
- Company pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme, dependant on performance
- Employee Assistance Programme – to support you at your moments of need
- Life assurance scheme 4 x base salary – to offer you peace of mind
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Professional memberships and training opportunities
- A chance to make a difference by joining our employee committees built around our values
- Social events
- Cycle to work scheme - to help you go green and get fit as you travel to work
- Free onsite parking
- A fast-paced work environment in a growing international company
- The opportunity to experience and support many parts of the business
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If this sounds like a role that you’d relish and thrive in, then we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your CV with a cover letter to us as soon as possible to: email@example.com