Product Development Engineer
Oxford PV is looking for a talented and motivated engineer to support our solar cell development activities and drive up the performance of our perovskite based photovoltaic device technology.
The role would ideally suit someone who is able to identify and implement routes to develop efficient and reliable solar cells and be untroubled when tasked with duties outside of their comfort zone.
- This position is suited to someone who has a proven track record in the development and fundamental understanding of optoelectronic devices, particularly solar cells.
- Fabrication and characterisation of semiconductor thin films and high efficiency, highly reliable solar cells
- Technology transfer from R&D to pilot line solar cell production
- Advancing the efficiency and reliability of solar cells and PV modules in a short timeframe
- Identify specific issues associated with solar cells and drive appropriate solutions. Establishing and leading external collaborations
- Willingness to travel and to undertake short secondments to our German site
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritised, documented and executed according to agreed timelines
- Comply with quality standards including record keeping and health and safety
- Proactive team player who supports the work activities of other team members and contributes to multidisciplinary team meetings
- Doctorate degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or related discipline
- Industrial experience of solar cell and PV module fabrication
- Experience in transferring technology from lab to fab
- A deep understanding of semiconductor device physics and device operation, particularly solar cells
- Extensive knowledge of semiconductor materials, including perovskites
- A good knowledge of thin film deposition techniques
- Knowledge of optoelectronic device and materials characterisation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and written skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Project management skills, including managing external collaborations
Salary commensurate with experience.
Oxford PV is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.