It's really fun to work and grow in such an innovative and fast changing environment. Oxford PV is pioneering the development of perovskite PV technology and every day I feel I'm part of the adventure and that my work really matters.
Oxford PV is looking for a talented and motivated engineer to support our coating activities and assist in the development of our perovskite based photovoltaic devices. This position will be ideally suited to someone who has previous experience in photovoltaic technology development (silicon, thin film etc.) or related experience in a volume semiconductor environment.
- Develop deposition processes for active layers within an opto-electronic device
- Identify specific issues associated with deposition processes, thin film material properties and drive appropriate, innovative solutions
- Characterisation (physical and electrical) and analysis of semiconductor films and devices
- Identify root causes of defects
- Select and evaluate suitable materials and deposition techniques
- Relate the effect of hardware and process changes to device performance
- Enhance processes to expand processing windows, increase machine uptime and improve yields
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritised and executed according to agreed timelines
- Comply with quality standards including record keeping and health and safety
- Support the work activities of other team members and contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings
- Degree in an engineering or related scientific discipline
- Experience developing thin film active layers within an opto-electronic device
- Comfortable taking ownership of hardware modifications to improve process performance, device yields and improve tool uptimes
- Proficient using SPC tools and advanced manufacturing methodologies to monitor equipment performance
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to apply relevant design and engineering principles
- Proactive team player, with a flair for structured problem solving
Salary commensurate with experience.
Standard company hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Travel to our Germany facility may be required.