Equipment Engineer / Scientist
Oxford PV is looking for a hands-on equipment engineer to work alongside our product / process development teams, to help maintain and improve our R&D toolsets.
A great opportunity for an engineer / scientist with experience in equipment maintenance, fault finding, and process development / optimization. Ideally someone with a keen interest in clean/dry-room fabrication facilities. Experience in vacuum deposition and control systems/automation is highly desirable.
You will be joining one the world’s most innovative solar energy companies to provide front-line engineering support for our fabrication toolsets and site services; to improve overall operating efficiency of our site and avoid unexpected downtime.
- Provide rapid response to issues as they occur on our R&D production line.
- Take ownership of our deposition toolsets and proactively ensure they are safe and appropriately maintained. This includes managing our preventative maintenance regime.
- Support the efficient operation of our site, minimize downtime of equipment/plant items and monitoring of equipment productivity.
- Support the engineering team with the larger, complex projects, such as laboratory modification and tool upgrades/re-designs.
- Assist in the development and refinement of our active layers, in collaboration with the rest of the R&D team.
- High vacuum deposition experience, PVD / CVD.
- Some lab-to-fab / product development / NPI experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple external parties.
- Good working knowledge of laboratory health and safety procedures and safe systems of work.
- Degree level or higher, in an engineering or science-based subject is preferable.
- Equipment engineering experience supporting complex toolsets ideally in a volume production environment. Minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience is desirable.
- CAD skills (Solidworks / Autodesk).
- Computer literate essential (Microsoft Office, Teams, tools to enable remote monitoring of plant).
Full-time 37.5 hours - Monday to Friday 08:30-17.00
Out of hours working and flexibility will be required in this role to ensure minimal disruption to site operations.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Private health and wellbeing scheme available from the first day you join us
- Company pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme, dependant on company and individual performance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexible working to enable you to find the work–life balance you need
- Employee Assistance Programmes – to support you at your moments of need
- Life assurance scheme 4 x base salary – from your first day with the company
- Professional memberships and training opportunities
- Social events
- Cycle-to-work scheme - to help you go green and get fit as you travel to work
- Free on-site parking
- A fast-paced work environment in a growing international company
- A chance to make a difference by joining our employee committees built around our values
- The opportunity to experience and support many parts of the business.
Oxford PV is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity