It's really fun to work and grow in such an innovative and fast changing environment. Oxford PV is pioneering the development of perovskite PV technology and every day I feel I'm part of the adventure and that my work really matters.
Oxford PV is looking for a hands-on individual to provide front line support for our site services and fabrication toolsets.
The role would ideally suit a mechanical or electrical engineer with experience in equipment maintenance, fault finding, capable of turning their hand to general facilities maintenance and upkeep tasks. This role is to provide front line engineering support for our site services and fabrication toolsets, to improve overall operating efficiency of our site and avoid unplanned downtime.
- Supporting efficient operation of the site, in particular:
- Minimize downtime of equipment or plant items.
- Review and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Ensure the facility adheres to latest health and safety requirements and remains compliant with relevant legislation by carrying out and recording specific tasks (e.g. emergency lighting checks).
- Continuously review our workspace environment for improvements actively resolve issues as they arise.
- Supporting equipment modifications and ensuring that required services and safety equipment are available.
- Overseeing contractor services visiting our site (includes service engineers, utilities suppliers, maintenance activities, waste disposal collection and recycling).
- Monitoring of equipment productivity and maintaining a preventative maintenance scheduler.
- Equipment engineering experience supporting complex toolsets ideally in a volume production environment, probably supported by a recognised engineering apprenticeship with an HNC/HND level qualification.
- Experience dealing with plant items (to include humidity and temperature control systems, compressed air systems, DI Water system, specialist gases, clean room air handler, condensers, HEPA filters).
- Computer literate essential (Microsoft Office, Teams, tools to enable remote monitoring of plant).
- Good working knowledge of health and safety procedures and safe systems of work within laboratory environments.
- Ability to identify, procure and control suitable stock levels for critical spares parts (for equipment and plant items).
- Experience of preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- PLC / HMI fault finding and maintenance experience desirable.
Standard company hours are 08:30-17:00 Monday to Friday.
Out of hours working and flexibility will be required in this role to ensure minimal disruption to site operations.
Salary commensurate with experience.