It's really fun to work and grow in such an innovative and fast changing environment. Oxford PV is pioneering the development of perovskite PV technology and every day I feel I'm part of the adventure and that my work really matters.
Engineer (12 month fixed term contract)
Oxford PV is looking for a talented and motivated Engineer to support our device design and coating activities and assist in the development of our perovskite based photovoltaic devices.
This position will be ideally suited to someone who has previous experience in photovoltaic technology development (silicon, thin film etc.) or related experience in a volume semiconductor environment.
- To plan, co-ordinate and analyse photovoltaic device experiments, with a view towards identifying routes to improve device performance, and present reports to project manager and the wider technical team
- Proactively propose and develop solutions to improving device performance and stability
- Develop deposition processes for active layers within an opto-electronic device
- Identify specific issues associated with deposition processes, thin film material properties and drive appropriate, innovative solutions
- Characterisation (physical and electrical) and analysis of semiconductor films and devices
- Identify root causes of defects
- Select and evaluate suitable materials and deposition techniques
- Relate the effect of hardware and process changes to device performance
- Deal independently with supplier or partners
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritised and executed according to agreed timelines
- Comply with quality standards including record keeping and health and safety
- Support the work activities of other team members and contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings
- Degree in engineering or physical sciences
- An understanding of semiconductor materials and device operation
- Experience developing thin film active layers within an opto-electronic device
- Ability to plan systematic experiments designed to provide clear conclusions
- Comfortable taking ownership of hardware modifications to improve process performance, device yields and improve tool uptimes
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Project management skills
- Proactive team player, capable of establishing strong working relationships within the Oxford PV team and as part of external collaborations
Salary commensurate with experience.
Standard company hours are 08.30 – 17.00 Monday to Friday
Travel to our Germany facility may be required.