Chief Financial Officer
The CFO will report to the CEO, be a key member of the Executive team and run the finance functions in the UK and Germany. The HR and IT functions also report to the CFO. The position can be based either in the UK (Oxford) or Germany (Brandenburg an der Havel). The CFO will work closely with the Board and shareholders and must have experience of fund raising, both equity and non-dilutive, dealing with venture capital and private equity investors, and ideally experience of taking a company through to IPO. Success in leading and closing rounds from internal and external sources is vital.
The company is rapidly approaching commercialisation and so experience of moving a company from pre-revenue to sizable sales and having negotiated technology licences would be a distinct advantage. Supporting this, it is essential that the candidate has deep experience of financial analysis, the ability to identify what analysis and data will be required and ensure that it is delivered at the right time. Experience of the PV or similar industries would be desirable.
As a member of the Executive team, the CFO will develop and implement the financial strategy for the company and oversee risk management and compliance. The ability to develop and optimise financial analysis covering a range of issues, including the commercial feasibility of partnerships/joint ventures, developing transfer pricing strategies, economic modelling at industry and individual customer levels, is important; all essentially to allow the company to engage in customer discussions based on full knowledge and understanding of the commercial situation.
The CFO must exercise tight cash management and accurate forecasting, ensuring that the company is able to achieve its anticipated runway and achieve its objectives.
- Working closely with the Board, the CEO and the Executive team, develop the funding strategy for the business and lead the delivery of fund-raising activities
- Financial reporting, management reporting and statutory accounts
- Provide financial analysis and management information to support business activities
- Manage internal systems and controls with a clear focus on risk management
- Development of the company’s costing system
- Management of working capital
- Develop and maintain IT and data security policies to international standards
- Work with HR to ensure a comprehensive HR strategy and compliance with all applicable laws
- Develop and manage the Finance team to support the activities of the company
- Manage relationships with external auditors, legal counsel, regulatory bodies, tax consultants and other organisations, as well as undertaking commercial negotiations
- Work with UK and German sites to ensure financial compliance and adherence to relevant laws and regulations
- Contribute to the development of corporate strategy.
- Ensure tax filings are carried out on time and with accuracy
- Management of share option plans, including new awards and vesting of options
- Company secretarial responsibilities
- Significant experience as CFO of a technology company with global operations
- Experience of fundraising and investor relations
- A track record in successful commercial contract negotiation with global companies
- Knowledge of commercial and financial analysis, accounting, information systems, internal financial controls, revenue recognition and financing modelling
- A professional accounting qualification
- A further business qualification such as an MBA is preferable
- Experience in international operations, transfer pricing and royalty-based licensing business models.
- Experience of taking pre-revenue companies into revenue, and IPO or exit
- Strong commercial, strategic and financial judgement and guidance
- A track record of managing and leading high performing teams within tight deadlines and delivering exceptional performance
- An international outlook with the ability to work across dual sites
- Fluency in German would be a definite advantage
This is a full-time, permanent role.
Salary commensurate with experience.