I have always been excited about the promise that renewable energy shows and my job at Oxford PV lets me work at the cutting edge of solar power development. I have learnt so much in the time that I have worked here from the wide array of backgrounds that my colleagues have; everyone is happy to share their expertise. The pace of life here is fast and constantly changing but the company is very supportive in making my work fit in with the needs of my family.
Associate Engineer (12 month fixed term contract)
Oxford PV is looking for a talented and motivated Associate Engineer to support our device design and coating activities and assist in the development of our perovskite based photovoltaic devices.
This position will be ideally suited to someone who has previous experience in photovoltaic technology development (silicon, thin film etc.) or related experience in a volume semiconductor environment.
The role will involve supporting engineers and/or senior colleagues and the wider team in experimental planning and execution, data analysis and report writing, as well as process development and maintenance.
- Conduct complete experiments, by carrying out thin-film coating processes and diagnostic measurements
- Actively support senior colleagues in the forming of experimental strategy and subsequent planning, and be able to manage own experiments throughout their cycle
- Analyse data, write reports and present to the technical team
- Assist the development of new processes by running coating processes and contributing to discussions on process improvements
- Characterisation (physical and electrical) and analysis of semiconductor films and devices
- Document experimental work and prepare controlled documents
- Understand the context of owned experiments within a project and identify how these experiments can be optimised towards meeting project milestones
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritised and executed according to agreed timelines
- Comply with quality standards including record keeping and health and safety
- Support the work activities of team members outside priority work and contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Degree in engineering or physical sciences
- Experience in processing and characterisation of thin film active layers within an opto-electronic device
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively identify the tasks required to move projects forward
- Competence in data analysis software will be beneficial
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills
- Proactive team player, capable of establishing strong working relationships within the Oxford PV team
Salary commensurate with experience.
Standard company hours are 08.30 – 17.00 Monday to Friday.
Travel to our Germany facility may be required.