Advanced PV Characterisation Engineer / Scientist
Oxford PV are now recruiting for a new position to join their Test & Reliability team
- Undertaking experimental work aimed at understanding of device metastability, improving device stability and understanding the role of defects.
- Microscopic analysis of devices and materials, including development of new techniques as required. Analysis of observed defects and device failures, including root cause analysis.
- Responsibility for maintenance and continuous improvement of device testing and reliability systems for hybrid silicon-perovskite tandem photovoltaic devices, including maintaining equipment calibration.
- Design and fabrication of test fixturing and electronics, liaising with third party contractors where necessary. Maintenance of in-house written test software and recipes.
- Liaise with staff in our pilot production facility in Germany on test, reliability, and failure analysis matters.
- Advanced degree qualified, preferably PhD qualified.
- Experience of planning and running experimental work including the associated data analysis.
- Experience in semiconductor device failure analysis techniques, both destructive and non-destructive, including SEM, EL, and optical microscopy.
- Detailed knowledge of optoelectronic test and reliability stressing, preferably gained within a photovoltaics setting, ideally with perovskite devices.
- Experience of hardware design and fabrication. Familiarity with computer programming/software development.
- Experience of working with teams located in different countries an advantage.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Oxford PV is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.